Thursday, December 3, 2009

Graphics card and monitor help?

Bought a new graphics card, Radeon X1650PRO PCI Express. I plugged it in and as I couldn't connect the monitor to the graphics card (there's 2 white connections) I plugged into the other one on the computer. Unfortunately, when I booted it up, it didn't come up. How can I resolve this problem? I get no screen whatsoever. I plugged the old graphics card back in and plugged the monitor into the connection and it works. I think I need to tell the computer that I need to use the other connection but I'm not sure how, can any1 help me pls??



Graphics card and monitor help?

The white connections on the back of your X1650 PRO are called DVI ports. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVI



The blue connector in the back of your computer is called a VGA port. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connect...



Unfortunately there's no way to plug the monitor into the blue port and then "tell" the computer to use the X1650 PRO. If you want to use that card with your monitor but can't connect it, you need a DVI to VGA connector.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan