Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Graphics Card on Gameplay?

Right now I have an old graphics card (GeForce 5200XT to be exact). Recently I purchased Need For Speed Pro Street for my computer and the graphics are lagging a lot. I used to play NFS:Carbon and it worked just fine. I purchased an ATI HD 2600Pro card (I am still waiting for it to ship to me) and I am wondering wether or not this will solve my problem. My current specs are:



Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz processor



1 gig DDR ram



250 HardDrive (about 180gb free space)



and I am replacing my Nvidia GeForce 5200XT with an ATI Raedon HD 2600Pro.



Will this help the lagging stop???



Graphics Card on Gameplay?

yeah... make sure your motherboard will run the 2600pro.



Graphics Card on Gameplay?

I did a quick check on newegg.com and it looks like your old graphics card uses PCI interface . The new one you have coming looks like it is PCIe x16 interface. If this is correct, you will not be able to use the new card - as you probably don't have the PCIe x16 interface on your motherboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan