Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Graphics driver will not run.?

Ok so I have a dell that has all stuff from the factory and I have a radeon 9025 graphics card. it was setup at my old house just the way it is now but I got a virus and had to reboot the whole system(including the factory graphics card). so I have put the new one in a open slot, uninstalled the old driver and installed the new driver from the ati site but when I plug the monitor into that card the screen is blank and when I plug it into the old slot the screen comes up fine but everythings huge. help please



Graphics driver will not run.?

So you now have two graphics cards in the machine? Generally windows etc will only load initially onto the 'primary' card. So if the original card is still in the system take it out.



From your description when you connect the monitor to the old card it comes up with a picture but everything is huge. I'd say that's because you unistalled its driver so it's using the very limited windows standard driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan