Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Graphics card for dell vostro?

I have a dell vostro 200 and I want to update it's existing graphics card. Right now i have an 8600 and want to get an 8800gt but i'm not sure if it fits. Does it fit and if it doesn't what graphics card should i get for playing Crysis?



Graphics card for dell vostro?

Well if a 8600 fits, more than likely a 8800GT fits, however you should probably start thinking about getting a new case for gaming purposes.



As for Crysis, there won't be many cards now that will run it at the best settings it can be at, but a 8800GT should run it well enough for now.



As a side note, due to the reviews I've read about the newly released ATI cards (3850 and 3870), don't go with ATI cards at all until they catch up in the race. Although they are beginning development and production for their Quad-Crossfire setups, a SLI setup of the cards now could probably outperform their Quad and nVidia plans on bringing back Quad SLI once they work out the problems before.



Graphics card for dell vostro?

To the best of my knowledge the 8600 is only available in PCI Express therefore you have a PCI Express motherboard.



That being the case then yes, an 8800GT will work in that computer. I don't think the 8800gt uses much more power than the 8600 so you probably don't even need a bigger power supply.



By the way, I just bought an 8800GT 3 days ago and it installed fine. I haven't been able to try it out yet though since I'm still waiting for some more parts for the computer I'm building, BUT the 8800gt is rated as slightly faster (and cheaper) than the 8800gts and is currently a great buy if you can find one.



For info about vid cards I go to tomshardware.com . Try their monthly "best graphics cards for the money" article as well as the "VGA" link under "LATEST CHARTS".



p.s. no I'm not affiliated with tomshardware, I just think they are a great and up to date resourse for info

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan