Thursday, December 3, 2009

Graphics Card?? Which one? Cant use 3.3V?

Firstly, thanks for all your previous answers over the last week or so. My system is coming together nicely, I just need one more item - the all important Graphics Card.



I still have about 鎷?0 - 鎷?0, but my specs have changed slightly.



System is now P4 Duo 5.6Ghz, 2Gb Ram, 350gb HDD, 7.1 audio, Vista and all the usual trimmings. At present all the bits are unassembled, I want to get everything ready and do it all in one hit.



So I need a Vista ready Graphics card, and here is the BUT bit.



BUT, I cant use a 3.3V AGP with my motherboard, as, according to the manual it "will cause permanent damage"



So, I need a Vista Ready, 1.5v Graphics card, that will last a few years, with shader model 3.0 or above for around 鎷?0-鎷?0. Due to all the kit inside, all I have left is the AGP slot, which is a 1.5v slot.



I'm still looking at the Geforce 7300GT if it's 1.5v, if not any other suggestions?



Thanks



Graphics Card?? Which one? Cant use 3.3V?

this is quite strange considering your system specs however there are plenty of 1.5v graphic cards in agp interface



for example a previous card of mine ,the nvidia geforce 6200(256mb)(http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductIn... a excellent card for its price,it has pixel and shader model 3.0 and a decent amount of video memory,however the clock speeds are slightly slow but are acceptable for the price



however i have found a nvidia 7600gs for 鎷?5 that works fine on a 1.5v agp slot(http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Qui... the reveiw to assure yourself of the cards capabilities



with 667mhz memory clock and 400mhz core clock speed this has a bit more oomph than the 6200 making it a ideal card to finish your build



it also has pixel and shader model 3.0 and 256mb of video memory,i currently have a nvidia geforce 6600gt which im happy with but im seriously looking at this card,this is probaly one of the best agp cards avalible for a 1.5v agp slot



also dabs.com are very reliable and delivery is fast and dabs support is also very good



i hope this helps mate



any more help let me know



good luck mate!



Graphics Card?? Which one? Cant use 3.3V?

Try this web site. all kinds of video card which are AGP 4x/8x.



I would recomend the x1600pro 512 AGP.



http://www.diamondmm.com/X1650.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan