Sunday, December 6, 2009

Help! My graphics card is not working!?

omg please help me. i disabled my graphics card (some nvidia one) on my hp laptop so i could use the defaults graphics, then when i was done i wanted to set the settings back to the nvidia one, so i thought pretty stupidly and made the assumption that if i disabled the default it would go back to the nvidia, but now i have absolutely no graphics support and whenever i turn on windows all that happens is the windows xp loading thing comes up and then a black screen. HOW DO I GET MY GRAPHICS CARD TO WORK AGAIN? I HAVE NO CD"S TO HELP ME REBOOT THE DRIVER!!!!



Help! My graphics card is not working!?

if u dont have the driver download it ... boot into safemode (F8 on boot) to load it ... u could try enabling it in device manager also before loading a new driver ...



Help! My graphics card is not working!?

well u cant make it work unless u buy a new graphics card or upgrade them.



Help! My graphics card is not working!?

when your comp is booting, go to bios, then select to boot view your agp or pci or whatever kind of card you have. Pretty much, change whatever is currently selected since it is not working it must be on the wrong selection at this point. When you disabled your graphics card, I believe your bios changed to your on board graphics, of course, it didn't check to see if you have on board graphics first.



Help! My graphics card is not working!?

cant you turn the default/onboard video back on in the bios?



Help! My graphics card is not working!?

Your lappy didn't come with a rebooting CD??? You may want to purchase one for future use. I don't think there's any other way to return your laptop to factory state if your screen isn't showing. Unless you were to take it to a tech.



Help! My graphics card is not working!?

I'm not 100% sure this will work, but when you're booting up, go into your bios setup and select which graphics card you want to use there. When it reboots, you should have your Nvidia card doing the work again. If I'm not mistaken, your bios will automatically change your Windows settings as well. Good luck!



Help! My graphics card is not working!?

Well you said you have a laptop so how do you have two video cards? Are you using it with a docking station? If this is Windows XP when the PC starts to bootup , before you see the Windows logo, hit F8 to get to a maintenance menu and you can choose the "Last Known Good" configuration. As long as the PC has not fully booted up it maintains the previous configuration as a backup. The other option on that same menu is to try "Safe Mode" which pust the video back to standard VGA. From there you could make changes as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan