Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Graphics card problem geforce 6100?

Ok I have a GeForce 6100 graphics card from nvidia and I think it might be messed up. When I'm in any window(IE, word, ect) stuff will flicker onto the screen(my original window is always there but the stuff flickers on top of it)



Also if I'm playing any type of game my fps is really low...it might load a frame every 2 seconds or so.



I opened my tower case to clean it out(in case that might have been what was wrong) and there was a cable that wasn't plugged into anything, but I don't know what it is coming out of or what it goes to(im not that good with computer hardware).



So, anyone know what my problem is and if it has to do with that cable?



It also takes me 6 or 7 times to turn the computer on. It looks like it will start(fans and lights come on) but nothing ever comes up on the monitor. I don't know if this has anything to do with the graphics problems but its really bothering me.



Graphics card problem geforce 6100?

That picture is too small for me to be able to help you much. Could you describe the cable? (i.e. how many pins and such?)



I CAN tell you that it's a power cable, and probably doesn't need to be plugged into anything if it isn't already (otherwise something would not be working at all).



As far as your flickering, you might need to download new drivers for the card: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.2...



And your FPS is low in games because that's a rock-bottom performance budget card. I wouldn't expect to play anything remotely 3D at a high framerate.



Edit: you should have help via my e-mails now, but I have some advice: CPU does not mean "computer." The CPU is actually a specific part of your computer, namely the processor (it stands for central processing unit).



Graphics card problem geforce 6100?

Sounds like a PSU problem, you sure your feeding enough juice in your PC? Its either that (which I doubt) OR you should get a new video card. Try borrowing a low end PCI-Express video card from your friends or buying one. Your low FPS are a result of a cruddy video card which is integrated onto your motherboard. Get a new videocard - you'll thank yourself later on =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan