Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Graphics card for logos?

I have been designing logos heavily over the past year. I recently upgraded to an LCD monitor but i still feel like the graphics could/ should look much better. I only have the on board graphics card. I am thinking it needs to be upgraded. ARe there any suggestions from other designers on what i should use? Does it need to be really expensive to upgrade? Thanks.



Graphics card for logos?

On-board graphics is usually not good so an upgrade may help you. It does not have to be expensive if you are not doing a bunch of video work. I would say look for something in the $100 range. The monitor can also be a problem with image quality, whether LCD or not. I have had LCD monitors that don't look as sharp as my old Trinitron CRT monitor.



The best would be DVI out of the card and DVI into the monitor if you can do that it might help too. Remember the computer is generating a digital image, it has to convert to analog for a regular VGA cable. The LCD monitor is also fundamentally a digital display, if it uses a VGA cable it will have to convert back to digital, each conversion leaves the possibility of signal degradation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan