Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Graphics Malfunctioning...Crashing Games.?

I have a Acer Aspire 5610 with windows vista (unfortunately), and the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile is obviously malfunctioning or something because every game I play on it (including old games like starcraft) have messed up graphics, and the newer games even crash after a short period. Help? Please tell me I didnt spend $700 bucks for a useless system, lol



Graphics Malfunctioning...Crashing Games.?

Not to many old game work on Vista. The fact you have Starcraft running on it amezing me. I'm not sure Vista can run many games.



My advice is to go out and buy windows XP. for a gamer it's less touble.



Graphics Malfunctioning...Crashing Games.?

It could be more of a vista compatibility problem than a driver problem.



Try to find out if your games have patches or upgrades for vista.



Or try use the windows application compatibility mode



for more info:



http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtec...



Graphics Malfunctioning...Crashing Games.?

I have heard a lot of reports about incompatibilities between Intel graphics chips and games. Try patching the games to the latest versions and updating the video drivers if possible. You can also try the compatibility wizard built into Vista. Since it's a laptop, if nothing seems to work then you're pretty much out of luck. Reverting to Windows XP may help the situation, but there's no guarantee. I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan