Thursday, December 3, 2009

Graphics Card?!? Is "64MB (Shared) ATI Radeon Xpress 200M" a good graphics card?

I'm buying a new laptop and I wanna get one with a good graphics card and I'm not sure what to look for. But I've found a laptop (gateway mx6444) and I really like it but im getting it online so I cant see the actual laptop before I buy it..so I wanna know if the "64MB (Shared) ATI Radeon Xpress 200M" is a good graphics card???



Graphics Card?!? Is "64MB (Shared) ATI Radeon Xpress 200M" a good graphics card?

A 128mb or higher is needed for efficent game play. they cost about 70$



Graphics Card?!? Is "64MB (Shared) ATI Radeon Xpress 200M" a good graphics card?

Well it depends on what you will be using the computer for. If it is intended for gaming then the answer is absolutely no! Onboard video will not play today's graphic intensive games. If you are a gamer then a gaming laptop will cost thousands. If however it is not meant for gaming then the onboard video will be fine. Today's top video cards are at least 256MB and it is on the card not shared. Good luck. Gamers use desktops and very expensive video cards.



Graphics Card?!? Is "64MB (Shared) ATI Radeon Xpress 200M" a good graphics card?

It all depends on what you want to use you laptop for, if it will be of use as in an office, you will not need that great of a video card. For gaming, you should atleast be getting into a 128mb, obviously not shared, thats what the video card is for.



Graphics Card?!? Is "64MB (Shared) ATI Radeon Xpress 200M" a good graphics card?

It really all depends on what your are going to do with this laptop. If all you want to do with it is email and word processing any graphics chip is fine.



However if you want to stray into gaming, my guess would be that an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M would be decent. I actually recommended a laptop to a friend with a very similar chip. After playing games on my friend's new laptop I would guess that the Xpress 200M would probably run games such as Half-Life 2 at decent speed on decent quality (1024x768 res, high textures, medium models @ around 20-25 FPS) as it supports Direct X 9 and has a decent clock speed. If you are talking games like Oblivion or FEAR, I would probably try for a much higher powered graphics accelerator. Older games (before 2003) should run fine on your new machine.



Graphics Card?!? Is "64MB (Shared) ATI Radeon Xpress 200M" a good graphics card?

If you just surf the Net or Play DVD or Office, it's totally enough.



And Even you can Play WarCraft( A 3D Game) with it.



It's very valuable Graphic Card for common users.



I suggest you to get a 512MB Ram, If you run Windows XP.



Good Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan