Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Graphics problem - Initializing old game (Metal Gear Solid)?

Hi



I just installed Metal Gear Solid on my PC and it's an ancient game. I easily have the system requirements but when I first ran it I got a message about the game not being able to run under my graphics card and would use software rendering.



Now when I try to open the game, I get the following message:



"Game crashed during previous initialization, game starting software rendering mode..."



The screen then goes all black like it's opening the program, then it just suddenly closes. No pop-up or anything telling me it has to close.



My graphics card is a crappy laptop one, but the system requirements for this game are like 32mb card and DirectX7. My card is a GeForce Go 6100, not amazing but it should be able to run this game.



Is there any way I can fix this?



Graphics problem - Initializing old game (Metal Gear Solid)?

actually if your gaming on at latop, the problems is your direct x, u need to update, to 9 or 10, its free,,here the site..http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/dir...



Graphics problem - Initializing old game (Metal Gear Solid)?

"I easily have the system requirements" NO, you don't.



The game is so old it only ran in DOS mode on Windows 95 / 98. Today's Windows versions do not have true DOS built-in, they merely TRY to "emulate MS-DOS" (in Compatibility mode), AND 2000/XP/Vista do NOT allow "direct hardware control" which your game NEEDS.



And of course your hardware and graphics card technology didn't even exist back then, so how could it be compatible with a 13 year old game?



Bottom Line:



DOS games either run on Windows 2000 and newer, OR they don't! You could try FreeDOS or DrDOS, but...



Graphics problem - Initializing old game (Metal Gear Solid)?

Although the poster above has the right idea. His info is actually wrong. As Metal Gear Solid is designed for Windows 95/98.



SADLY. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Metal Gear Solid WILL NOT work on Windows XP.



The only solution I can give you is install Windows 98. Perhaps you can use a virtualization software for that.



PS. You might try right clicking on the exe file and choose "Windows 98 compability", it might work. Chances are it won't though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan